Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A bit of self...

As this year comes to an end, I've realized that I let myself get knocked off track with my goal to improve my health this year. In 2010 I lost 50lbs, and wanted to continue that trend this year. Unfortunately, I didn't. BUT I didn't gain it all back either, just 10lbs.

I need to get back on track.

In order to do that, I joined a group of ladies online who are trying to do the same thing. We all have different goals. My goal is to continue to lose weight, and keep myself moving.

As part of this group, we were all encouraged to share our starting "stats" and a photo if we wanted to. I was really petrified about taking that picture. In a brief moment of courage, I had Hubby take a picture of me wearing nothing but my sports bra and walking pants. I figured I might as well do it!

Of course, I hate the picture, but I shared it with the group. The ladies there are all wonderful and supportive. I didn't die from embarrassment. I'm still here.

I decided to take that picture, and turn it in to something that I LIKED. A little photoshop, some elements and papers from Tangie Baxter, and voila! A self portrait ATC. I call it "Cut It Out"


 The picture I took wasn't the best, and my face was half lit and partially cut off. So I grabbed a face shot from another image and worked it in to this one. I used the 'cutout' filter for everything because I liked the look of it. The elements that I used are all from a few different kits by Tangie Baxter, mostly from her Dia de los Muertos kits. I chose those because my birthday is on Nov 2nd, which is Dia de los Muertos. I'm not Mexican, but I love the thought behind that holiday. The skirt came from a clip art pack that I downloaded some time ago, and I can't remember where I found it.

I'd like to turn this in to a series of ATCs. Each one done at a different point in my journey to health. Sounds like a plan to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment