Sunday, October 16, 2011

Productive Weekend!

Here it is Sunday evening and things are winding down. Not much excitement here this weekend, but lots of productive digi scrapping. After these last two, it's time to close the laptop and take a couple days to get caught up on my jewelry work!

The kit I'm featuring today is Autumn Fairytale from Laura's Digi World.

 
I have to admit, after I chose this kit....I was a bit intimidated by it! I have no idea WHY, but I was. It's full of beautiful Fall colors and amazing photo realistic elements with a dash of magic and whimsy. 

My first offering with this magical kit features the Venus of Willendorf. I have a lifelong fascination with Goddesses and their depiction throughout time and across various cultures. The Venus is one of the oldest depictions of the female form, and her meaning is still a mystery...but to me, she represents woman in her role as a bearer of life and creator of home. 


 My second creation also used a bit of magical inspiration. This time I started with a stock photo from MizzD Stock over at Deviant Art and just went from there. Since the kit is called Autumn Fairytale...I went with a fairy! 


Now I'm off to play with beads! I hope everyone has a great Monday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment